I thought I’d take a new spin on my usual “favorite things” posts and make one all about food in Baltimore.
I love food and I really just wanted to give you some ideas if you’re in a food slump.
- The Orchard Market. My mouth is actually watering as I type this. This little restaurant is BYOB. Its a totally unassuming place tucked back off of the main drag. Dan and I do not look at the menu. We walk in and sit down and order two things and we moan while we eat. I’m serious. We share the Mango Pear Salad and then we order the Chicken Fesenjune. It is not pretty when it comes out. But just close your eyes. I promise you wont regret it. And its family owned! Just go. (Bonus is we can walk!)
- I actually did not love this restaurant the first time I went. A few years later we were at our neighbor’s house and this is what we had and we have been back one billion times. By the way have you seen that Sandra Bullock movie “Two Weeks Notice”? check out this clip at 1:13-its my neighbor when we went to her house for dinner. No lies. Including the memorized numbers. I digress. They have huge portions so we order a few things and eat it for four days straight. Its Thai Spice and Dice. We order the chicken pad Thai, pineapple rice, and cashew beef. And sometimes a couple spring roles and mango sticky rice. We also walk here. And they sell yummy ice cream. I believe this one is BYOB as well.
- I REALLY love the Food Market. It is not a market. It is a delicious restaurant. If I go there for brunch I get the Crab Benedict. I love dinner there as well and I’ve gotten a different thing each time and loved them all. I also like to taste everyone’s food so truly, I can say its all delicious. Its pricey but worth every dime. There is another restaurant that many people think is Baltimore’s best farm to table a few miles away and in my opinion-I’ll choose Food Market every time. Super sweet vibe there, and my Padre made some of the finishes for the restaurant which makes me like it even more. Ooooh and yummy cocktails!
- Hamilton Tavern. I will bring my babies to that bar any day of the week. They’re known for their cheeseburger with bacon and egg on top.
- Want cheep Mexican Food? Look no further then El Salto. Dan gets the California Burrito. I get the number 9. We leave at around 20 bucks. My kids pretty much eat the chips and salsa (and guac and queso, LET ME LIVE!) and we force feed them some protein from our dishes.
- Another favorite date night restaurant is McFauls Ironhorse Tavern. Their menu is seasonal like many local places so some of our favorites aren’t always there. Dan LOVES the Philly cheesesteak Tacos and Crab Mac. They’re a bit too much for me. They have a great Teriyaki Salmon and a fun Taco Tuesday night. I also really liked their Powerhouse wrap and their Shepherds Pie. Their Strawberry Mule is DELISH. Check out their menu!
- Cunninghams CAFE. People rave about the dinners at the upscale restaurant next door but I’m here to tell you that you need to go to the cafe. The breakfast burrito is the best I’ve had. Lattes are to die for. My kids like every baked good they sell. I wish they had a drive through.
- Last but not least, Kyodai. I’m a sushi lover and Dan is not. So if he’s out of town I get some yummy carry-out from Kyodai. Shocking—–I get the same thing every time. John Roll (not on the menu just order it and trust me), Maryland roll with asparagus instead of avocado, and a shrimp Tempura. SO yummy. Yes its a lot of food but I have to stock up!
Thats it for now! I hope you’ll go try one of these restaurants.