Hey folks…its time for another round of my favorite things.
- If you are in the Baltimore region, this is for you. I was raised going to Fenwick Bakery on Harford Road. It is the sweetest little bakery and I have precious memories of going there with my grandparents, always leaving with a complimentary cookie. Dan and I got our wedding cake there, Dans parents got their wedding cake there…you get the point. We love it. I took the kids there the other day to order Lillian’s Birthday cake and it was actually the first time I’d taken them! It was just as wonderful as Id remembered. We ordered her 8 inch DECORATED cake ($17. I mean come on!) and I couldn’t leave before ordering the most delicious donut I’ve ever eaten. I’m a plain Jane. I like chocolate frosted. I was legitimately shocked that it was SO much better than any chocolate frosted donut I’ve ever had. Guys. Just go! its worth the $1! I’d probably pay $5. And bonus! The kids both left with a free cookie.
- As I get older (over the 30 hilll!) I am becoming a whole lot more concerned with my sun exposure. Enter- the swim “shress”. I have to get a few moles removed in a couple weeks that look *troubling* and I am even more committed to covering it alllll up. So here we go. My friend has this one that I’m ordering and I LOVE it. I also just ordered this one which is a bit more understated. I haven’t decided which one will stay yet. They’re both adorable and I can’t wait to not have to worry about my skin! Have you been to the dermatologist lately? GO! Annual mole checks, people!
I sent these links to my best friends from college and one responded, “man we’ve really come a long way from string bikinis”. Ahem. yes.
3. My birthday is coming up in a few weeks! I asked my mom for a heritage test and she was super excited to get me one. I chose the Familytreedna company. If you order in the next few weeks you can get $20 off in celebration of Mothers day. I’m going to make a few blog videos once the test comes in the mail! I have never known much about my heritage and I can’t wait to find out exactly where my ancestors are from.
4. Guys. I’m real sad about my Quartz countertops. They told us they wouldn’t stain and they wouldn’t chip. They have both stained and chipped! We got them because we love the look of white marble but we have a 2 and 5 year old. Sooooo, that wasn’t going to happen. We thought this was the next best thing! Its white! Its beautiful! Its supposed to be kid-proof. Its not. Its chipped-a rogue spaghetti sauce jar jumped out of our cabinet. That should teach me to try to feed my Italian family sauce from a jar! Its been stained by strawberries and store-bought icing. We suggested them to a friend (pre-chip) and her salesperson told her they wouldn’t stain or chip and they’ve stained for them too. I don’t know what the answer is. I LOVE the look of concrete counter tops but they are SO labor intensive. They’d be perfect for this stage of life. The more they stain and chip the better they look!
5. Our upstairs bathroom needs some love. Both bathrooms do, actually. Its just not the right time to do an overhaul of either. One thing that HAD to go was the blinds. I’m super uncomfortable with blinds that have strings. I have heard horror stories of kids getting caught up in them and dying. So I was on the hunt for something that would let the light in and still ensure privacy. Enter: the frosted glass adhesive. It was SUPER easy to put on and I think it looks great. I actually did it while my kids were in the bath. It took no more than five minutes! We still have our morning sunlight and privacy without the strings. I took this picture at noon which is why it is so stinking bright. It worked!
Okay, thats all for now. I have a feeling I’ll have another list this summer!