Oh I’m loving some things right now. Loving, them BIG!
- I ordered this blanket for myself for my birthday a few weeks ago. Back Story: my kids were constantly wrapped in Aden and Anias muslin as babies. Lil and my nephew, Ephram, would not leave the house without one as toddlers. I just got really used to that soft & cozy fabric around me and it reminds me of when these precious lumps were babies. Sooooo, I saw that they sell blankets for adults made of muslin and I needed something for the summer months. Enter: this blankie for adults. It has one great review and one not so great. I love it. Judah talks about how soft and cozy it is every time he slips in to cuddle when he wakes me up in the morning. It’s pretty much a dream come true.
- Vivofit jr. 3 for kids! A few friends of ours have purchased these watches for their kids and our kids wanted them bad! So we asked for them as a gift for their birthdays and they haven’t taken them off since. I will say, I had a talk with both of my kids once they got them that we don’t care how many steps they have in a day, or how many minutes they are active, but that we want them to know its important to move their bodies so that they are strong and can do everything they want their bodies to do. I’m hyper-vigilant about our messaging when it comes to bodies and health in a society (and family line, honestly) full of eating-disorders. So our language is health/strength/movement vs. anything visual! If only I spoke to myself the same way!
- I really like birkenstocks but sometimes they bother my arch. I saw these Cushionaire birk look-a-likes as a great option on instagram from someone who has the same issue. They are SO comfortable and for goodness sakes they’re $25 instead of $100! I’m usually happy to spend the money for comfortable and long-lasting shoes because I have a lot of arch pain and am prone to issues but I don’t think I will buy birks again.
- I’m at the point in my life that I buy clothing from Costco. I won’t apologize for it. One of my closest friends texts me from Texas when she (or her mom, haha!) are at her special Sams club in Texas and I text her when I’m at Costco. The athleisure is unreal at these stores! Enter: this drawstring dress that was $11.99 in store! What!? Does Costco know what clothes cost in the rest of the world?! I actually forgot to text her about this dress so I may get yelled at. (Sorry, Missy!)
- My kids don’t typically LOVE homework. They are sour every summer when I get out bridge books to help get them ready for the next year. I don’t know what kind of voodoo magic is in these particular books but I literally have to stop them from doing more! “sorry kids, time to stop the books, we’ve got to go to the pool”. WHAT? This is not normal for our family. I’m here for it, though!
Okay! That’s it for now. Hope you’re loving summer!!