I started a weight loss challenge last week. You can read about that here.
Full disclosure it has been a roller coaster week! I’m going to break it up into diet and fitness.
- It took me three full days to stop getting sugar withdrawal headaches. THREE DAYS! That was huge for me to feel my dependence on sugar.
- I didn’t realize how much I eat after my kids. Just simple stuff, licking the yogurt serving sooon, giving myself a handful of peanut butter filled pretzels when I serve them, eating fruit snacks when I’m out with them. It’s crazy! That all adds up.
- The first few days I was super hungry on the meal plan. I’m totally fine now as far as hunger goes but I definitely miss some of my favorite foods. Really just cheese, ice cream, and John Daileys
- I somehow made it to age 30 without knowing basic form for things like squats, push ups, literally any exercise that includes a bar, etc. The coaches have been super patient in working with me to perfect my form so I don’t get injured.
- I have no idea if I will be in constant pain for the next five weeks but I’m just going to assume I will. Every day all day, quads kill me. I just woke up with shoulder and peck soreness from yesterday’s workout. It hurts but it’s a reminder that I’m getting stronger!
- An unexpected added bonus is that I love this early morning time away from my little humans. I’ve been getting up at 5:45 to go to the 6:30am class. I’ve loved having some time in the morning with other adults that’s just for me! It’s been awesome!
- I get to wear my fun Qalo wedding rings so I don’t pinch my finger!
Week one recap:
- 3 workouts
- 7 days on the diet plan
- 5.3 lbs lost!